Thursday 17 November 2011

My Journey on line 4

Pushed left & right, forward & back
I must be strong, I must not crack
A child is crying, can't take any more
Why all this suffering what is it for?
I paid to be here, what have I done?
Surely taking a bus would have been more fun
Bloody bastard metro line 4
You piece of shit you diseased old whore
You're always packed no matter what hour
And hotter than DSK when he comes out the shower
You're a sauna of germs & as I look around
There's sneezing & coughing, sweat on the ground
Or could it be sick? Its hard to tell
In this bubbling, moving cauldron of hell.

But wait now we've stopped at st germain des pres
And pray we must that's it not a long delay
Signal failure or suicide, usually one of the two
Lets hope for the former because between me & you
I can't think of a worse place you could choose to die
Than on line 4, shut off from the sky. 
'Attendez quelques minutes' comes the familiar voice
I'd have taken another line but didn't have a choice

From porte d'orleans to porte de clignacourt
Central & straight goes good old line 4. 
"But its better than london" I hear you say
"And you get phone signal to text & play"
A carriageful of people shouting down their phone
Angry & annoyed that they'll be late home
No I prefer the british way of suffering in silence
And thats what im doing but im sensing violence
Especially now that an accordian has started
And someone around me has definitely farted

I think of the bars & cafes above
People laughing, people in love
Blissfully unaware of us below 
Waiting, hoping, praying to go
And I know there's worse things to complain about
But right now I just need to shout 
Bloody bastard metro line 4
You piece of shit you diseased old whore!

Written & performed by James at Spoken Word in Paris 14/11/11

No comments:

Post a Comment